Friday, May 13, 2011

So, brand new blog! I decided to create a separate blog from my poetry blog. This way I can ramble on and on here, and not clog up the feed for those who simply want to read my poetry. What a pain in the butt it was to create a whole new blog, and pardon the generic look for now. I created the blog on my phone, and although I'm tech savvy, web design via cell phone is not my forte. I have, however, linked this blog to a nifty Blogger app on my phone so I can post from anywhere! Assuming that I have my phone, that is.

If you're just now joining me on this adventure let me bring you up to speed. I am a young mom, full time employee,  and part time student. I'm going to school for my bachelor's in Elementary Education with an emphasis in English. My newest endeavour is writing my first novel. It has no name yet, and I don't know yet what genre it will fall into. What I CAN tell you is the basis of the story. Charlotte Pierce is a 23 year old waitress at a small downtown (haven't picked a city) diner. She comes from a small town and a relatively normal childhood, that is except for her ability to feel exactly what someone else is feeling simply by touching them. That's right, Charlotte is an Empath. She's been one her whole life and has managed to live quite normally despite it, until now. The night she meets Rory O'Malley, a vampire with charming good looks and Empath abilities, she discovers there's an emotion eating demon on the loose and the emotion channeling Empaths are her favorite snack. Can the last two Empaths in existence outrun the demon, or will they meet their end?

That's the story line so far. The story pretty much writes itself so there's a good chance some things could change. :)

Well, thanks for checking out my blog and happy Friday the 13th!

-Megan K.

No comments:

Post a Comment