Tuesday, January 10, 2012

B.A.A. Book Share #2 - Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore

Mr. Moore's website

Amazon

B&N

Old Cover:


New Cover:


So I know I said I was going to feature a book every week, but the holidays got me WAY behind. Many apologies. This week's book is called Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore.

I liked vampires before they were cool. I was the weird girl who read Anne Rice novels and watched WAY too much Buffy. When my cousin discovered my vampire novel reading only went so far she quickly suggested this book to me. I started reading and couldn't stop!

The story is about Jody. She's an average woman, living an average life, and she's less than averagely happy about it. That is, until she finds herself under a dumpster, partly burned and craving blood! WTH? Christopher Moore does a fantastic job making this a funny read with a deep underside. I fell in love with Jody's character, and you can't help but fall in love with the nerdy Safeway night-clerk she picks as her day minion.

This story is hardly a romance, hardly a comedy, and hardly a drama. Which makes it a "ramedy"? Cheers to Mr. Moore for giving us a fantastically funny, and deeply seductive story.

No comments:

Post a Comment